The Faculty of Law, University of Lucknow is organising the 2nd edition of the R. U. Singh Memorial National Level Literary events. It includes Essay, Debate and Poster Making Competition.
Students from all colleges and universities across India are allowed to participate, including students of Lucknow University.
- Each participant shall get a participation certificate
- Winners and runner up’s shall be given certificate of merit and medals
- There shall be consolation prizes
Prize Distribution Ceremony shall be held on 16th February, 2019 in Juris Hall, Faculty of Law, University of Lucknow from 3 pm onwards.
- Fee for essay and poster making competition shall be Rs 50 each respectively.
- Fee for debate shall be Rs100 for each team.
- It shall be payable by cash or through Paytm 8004005169*.(don’t call on this Paytm number).
- There is no limit on number of teams from one college or university
- No accommodation and food shall be provided to any participant.
Rules and Regulations
1. Essay Competition
- One Nation One Election
- Right to Equality: Morality Vis-a-vis Religion
- Constitutional Validity of 103rd Constitutional Amendment Act
- Appointment of High Court and Supreme Court Judges
- Participants shall mail the softcopy of essay along with details and receipt of registration fee on [email protected].
- Word limit of the essay shall be 1000-1200 words
- Participants shall submit their essays latest by 13th February, 2019
- It can be in English or Hindi.
2. Debate Competition
Topic: Whether 10% reservation on economic grounds is constitutional or not.
- There shall be a team of 2 students where one will speak for the motion and other will speak against the motion.
- Each participant shall speak 3 minutes (max).
- Marking shall be on the basis of content, expression and vocabulary.
- Each team can choose to speak either in English or Hindi. Both the participants have to speak in the same chosen mode of communication i.e. in a team one participant cannot speak English and other one Hindi.
- Debate shall be conducted on 15th February
Venue: LT-005, Faculty of Law, University of Lucknow
- Participants have to register themselves prior to the conduct of debate on or before 13th February.
- There shall be a final round in which top four teams according to score in prelims round shall qualify.
3. Poster Making Competition
Topic: Women in Developing India
Each participant has to make the poster on a chart and directly submit it latest by 14th February, 2019.
- Saksham Agarwal: 9616518305
- Vinay Kumar Yadav: 7905610778
- Sachin Verma: 9120671865
- Shivani Singh: 8840217150
Click here for the registration form and here for the brochure.